CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

A guy pulled up beside me as I was leaving Geneva and offered me a ride to Seneca Falls.

He brought me to a thrift store/social service place in that small city. I got a bag of road food and then we left.

He asked me if I wanted to stay at his apartment (he recently had open-heart surgery and I know that he isn't a physical threat) and I said "okay." Yesterday he gave me a $100.00 bill and took me to Wal-Mart. I bought a new Walkman (my CD radio/player got smashed in a truck) and some Diet Mt. Dew.

I will be staying here until Monday.

I helped him create a blog, establish a gmail email account and I've made some much-needed adjustments on his computer.

On Monday, I will go back on the highway and head for Vermont...moving closer to my final destination.

No comments: