Monday, September 15, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I hitchhiked out of the Salem, Oregon area after I got off a city bus that took me down to the on ramp. ("The Sisters" walked me to the bus shelter and hugged me before I boarded.)

Eventually, I ended up back at a truck stop in La Grande, Oregon. I got a shower and then tried to get a ride out. Nobody stopped.

So, at 5 o'clock in the morning, I walked back to the truck stop and got myself a hot cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich.

To go.

Then I walked back up to the on ramp and finally got a trucker to stop and pick me up.

It was slow but steady going from there and now I'm back in Utah.

I will be leaving here soon.

Either that or I will become an unique ornament on a guard rail.

I want to get to the "middle States" (Illinois, Indiana and Ohio) more than anything right now. Traveling through there will mean that I am making real progress in my effort to hitchhike across the Country.

When I went to the Salvation Army today, I got a big run-around and no blanket, jacket or extra clothes.

Geez!

I'm probably going to have to stop and work that out at a church somewhere.

Or maybe some nice human being will just help me stay warm. Bahahahahaha!

No comments: