Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

"Ma'am...what are you doing here?" asked one of the cops.

I rubbed my eyes and said, "a bad thing happened on my way back from New York."

The two officers exchanged a glance.

Then, as I brushed hay off of my clothes, I told them my story.

Random vehicles rolled slowly up the ramp as the cops listened.

Finally, one of the officers decided to drive me to a shelter in a small, northern city in Utah.

I will stay there tonight and then head back out on the road tomorrow. On foot.

Despite my best efforts, Greyhound has refused to either refund the remainder of my ticket or drive me back to Oregon.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Greyhound Lines, Inc. is as bad as the bathroom in the back of one of their buses.

No comments: