Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

A couple from the area stopped and drove me to a McDonald's restaurant north of Salt Lake City and bought me breakfast. They also gave me several bottles of water. I sure appreciated it!

After I ate, exhaustion hit me in the psyche and I knew that I had to take a nap.

I looked around and saw a big tree with shade underneath it...set back a ways from the on ramp.

"How convenient", I thought.

So, dirty and very tired, I grabbed my pack and wandered over to what I decided, in my weary mind, was a great place to take a nap.

I put down my pack, spread out my hooded sweatshirt, put my head on my bag and immediately fell into a very deep sleep.

The next thing I knew, I felt someone kick the bottom of my foot and I opened my eyes.

I saw two cops standing in front of me, with three cruisers (with more cops) parked behind them.

The officers in front of me wore latex gloves. As I fumbled with my brain's on-switch, I realized that those cops first assumed that I was dead.

No comments: