Friday, November 07, 2008

Stupid Discrimination

I won't be able to update my blog today like I really wanted to. And this is all related to a librarian's attitude.

It amazes me that many universities and community colleges around the United States have allowed me hours of access without batting an eye.

Then I come to this particular public library in Utah and I'm told that I won't be able to use the computer lab (which provides longer, uninterrupted work online). This is because the librarian says that the computer lab is for education and research.

Really.

So he doesn't consider my blog to be educational or my hitchhiking experiences on the road to be pertinent research.

I think that blog deserves a second look and an exception. I mean, come on! My blog is loaded with photos and stories about my life on the road. It's a slice of life in America. And it will be four-years-old next month, damn it!

Since people in Switzerland and Ireland find it relevant, I don't understand why this particular library doesn't.

So I'm left to do my work at thirty-minute intervals at a time. Then close everything down and re-sign(and re-open)a different terminal...and start all over again!

This library's decision is just a text-BOOK example of stupid discrimination.

No comments: