Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ruthie Returns To Nyssa, Update

The "Rainbow Sisters" did something very beautiful yesterday: They released colorful helium balloons into the sky at 12:15 MDT. The timing is important because friends and family members in a number of different cities released balloons at exactly the same time.

They did this in remembrance of the real life sister of one of the "Rainbow Sisters" who died recently.

The "Rainbow Sisters" allowed me to take photos. I will post them as soon as I get the film developed.

It was a perfect scene...standing there while the balloons sailed off into the clear blue sky.

A single yellow balloon climbed higher than the rest and we watched it until it disappeared.

Inside myself, I felt that sister smile.

This act of kindness reminded me that even in these days of trouble and strife...there is still room to appreciate the good people in life.

Especially those who have passed on.

No comments: