CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Portland Is Still Keeping Stupid

I wrote a poem that I posted in this blog in January of this year. And almost one year later, I am sad to say that the situation isn't the same...it's worse.

Here is a reprint of the poem:

"This Stupid Song"

I'm just another bum on the street
Wearing a coat of consequence that don't smell sweet
Got poverty boots on my dirty feet
Please feel sorry for me...

~Yeah, I'm another bum in Portland
I sit here all day long
I've got a paper cup in my hand
And I sing this stupid song...

Stupid song, stupid song
Singing it to you all day long
Stupid song,
Can't fix what's wrong
By singing this stupid song.~

I'm just as pitiful as I can be
I've forgotten that a job could set me free
(what job?)
So, I'd rather take your money and let it be
Please feel sorry for me...

~Yeah, I'm another bum in Portland
I sit here all day long
I've got a paper cup in my hand
And I sing this stupid song.

Stupid song, stupid song
A weak voice singing to the strong
This is not where I belong
Singing this stupid song.~

Yeah, I know I'm funky
And I look a little strange
But if you want to share your money
I'll take all your spare change

I'm manipulative and crafty
I know every trick in the book
And I can make you pitch your pennies
With one pathetic look...

~Yeah, I'm just another bum in Portland
With lots of free time today
So stop and listen
Throw money that glistens
And then just go away!

Stupid song, stupid song
Singing it to you all day long
Stupid song,
It's too damn long
Can't stop singing this stupid song!

--Poem written by Ruth Rader
All Rights Reserved--

And you can click on the post headline above to see the matching photograph that was included in the original posting.

It isn't that I am a Grinch. Hardly. Take a look around my blog and you will notice that I have decorated it quite nicely for Christmas. And I have included a nice image from Oldtown Portland.

But close by where that photo was taken, is another picture entirely. I am going to share some of that disgrace with you in tomorrow's post.

I want you to see what I see every day in Portland, Oregon.

A young man, hopped-up on dope, most likely, walked into the Downtown Chapel this morning. But he didn't have Christ in his eyes...he had kill.

After he upset a number of the homies, he said that he had something with him that he wanted to show us.

He made threats.

Then he started to strip down.

We are fortunate that he wasn't actually carrying a weapon.

I am fortunate.

I will share more with you tomorrow.

No comments: