CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Thursday, January 28, 2010

No Intervention Equals Incarceration

Busted

The shelter manager walked through the door with the words, "I have to talk to you, Ruthie."

I asked him if it was good news or bad news.

He said it was very bad.

After I checked-in, he told me that another one of the homies had gone to jail.

Two homies are there now.

And what have they proven?

That when they break the law they get arrested?

Well, duh!

But to spend time with two young men before they are arrested and then be told that they are now incarcerated is unnerving.

The way I see it, the cops will continue to bring two hands together in cuffs. And the local Christians will continue to do nothing to prevent the crimes and subsequent arrests from happening.

Gee, isn't it great to be a church-going Saint?

No comments: