Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

If there is one thing that I will never understand, it's why big barriers get put up in front of good intentions.

I am moving into a very nice place in Altoona, Pennsylvania next month. But in the meantime, I can't find a decent place to stay in Pennsylvania!

The shelters that I have explored range from worthless, to horrendous to WTF??!!

Seriously.

And it looks like I am going to have to hitchhike out of the city where I'm at right now. I will not get help with transportation because I am going to head to what appears to be the best of the rotten shelters on the western side of the State.

I have, what appears to be, nineteen long, miserable days to go unless something changes before that.

Geez.

People who take the initiative and make the steps to get out of homelessness should never be penalized for doing so. During any part of that process.

No comments: