Friday, January 15, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I am now in a small city nestled in the foothills of Central Pennsylvania. And I know very little about this town.

This morning I FINALLY left Uniontown, PA. I am now without a plan, a place to stay and have thirty-dollars in my purse.

I am going to go looking for assistance soon. But this library has been kind enough to allow me to update the blog's layout today. So I've taken some extra time to get that done.

I am still having a very difficult time finding somewhere to stay between now and February 1. I mean, geez, this is tough!

Take last night, for instance:

I left the Uniontown library without a clear battle plan. A guy came up to me and offered to help me.

He and I walked three miles out to a motel which we had called an hour beforehand. We told the people there that we were coming.The guy was going to buy a room at that motel for me. He doesn't own a vehicle.

But then, neither do I!

When we arrived at the motel, we knocked on the door and rang the bell. But nobody ever came to the door. That resulted in a long, cold walk back into Uniontown.

We ended up eating a midnight meal at Denny's and then falling asleep in an all-night laundromat.

I tried to get along with the staff people at that fancy shelter in Uniontown. But one of the staff women broke one too many rules while I was there. In fact, I had to wake that staff person up yesterday morning!

I told the case manager what that woman did. Now the staff lady has it out for me.

Whatever.

I just want a place to wait the time out until February 1. I want peace, no drama and a whole lot of satisfaction.

No comments: