Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I am sad to say that the Gold Beach deal fell through almost as quickly as it was pulled together.

Yeah, I should have realized that the offer was too good to be true.

It wasn't money that made me walk away yesterday morning...it was the other half of the so-called "agreement."

For me, being under the owner's control was too high a price to pay.

So I left Gold Beach yesterday and hitchhiked all the way down to where I am now: Crescent City, California.

Along the way, I met a couple who, when they dropped me off back in Brookings, Oregon...put some money in my hand. I thought it was a five-dollar bill until I unwrapped it and saw the number fifty.

I was astounded.

The money went for a motel here which is allowing me time to mellow-out. I need to do that sometimes. I also am updating the blog and a few other projects I'm working on.

I have been advised to return to Oregon instead of proceeding any further into California. I think that's good advice.

So I am headed out of here in the morning and will find a road into Medford.

And from there...only God knows where I will go next.

No comments: