CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Monday, March 29, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

The young man brought me to Mickey D's before driving me back to Highway 20. I got rides, alright, but then I was left in a more desolate location in the Cascade Mountains.

And the rain began to fall.

Nobody stopped.

They drove by me on a Sunday afternoon while I stood in the pouring rain. I got colder and colder.

Finally a man in his seventies with a male friend (who is deaf) stopped. They brought me back to Bend, Oregon.

And I slept at the shelter last night. What surprised me was how welcoming everybody was. What a difference from Medford!

The social worker there remembered me and took me in with a big smile.

She said that she'd had a long day and my appearance there cheered her right up.

But she's off today and things are not the same there.

A winter storm watch and a high wind warning have been posted for this area. The storm is supposed to wreak havoc all the way to Brothers,Oregon.

Where I will be tonight remains a topic of debate. I will explain that later.

For now, I am waiting to hear what the decision will be.

I just want it to be Thursday evening in Ontario.

No comments: