Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I stayed at the deaf guy's house last night. I showered, washed my clothes, watched re-runs of "That 70's Show" and fell asleep on the couch.

This morning the guy drove me back to Michael. He and his wife dropped me off at the rest area in Brothers, Oregon right off of Highway 20.

The cold slapped me in the face when I stepped out of the car.

I bundled-up and put "Hot Hands" in my gloves before walking out and assuming the hitchhiking position.

The wind blew harder and it began to snow.

But I held my stance.

Then a couple, after pulling out of the rest area across the road, stopped their rig and picked me up.

They bought me lunch in Burns and continued on...visiting like we were old friends...all the way into Ontario, Oregon.

Yes, that's right: They drove me all the way to my intended destination. And then they really surprised me.

They paid for a week at my hideout motel...over $200...flipped me a $20 bill...and then disappeared down the road.

They have great Wi-Fi here.

Life. Is. Amazing.

No comments: