Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I shook the water off of me like a dog. Then I walked with a purpose, on weak but determined legs, down the road.

Cars, trucks, school buses and log-haulers passed me. I stood my ground.

Finally a guy with long-hair tied back in a pony tail stopped and picked my sorry self up.

He cranked up the heat in his rig and I fell asleep.

Three rides later, I was in Coos Bay, Oregon...wrapped in a warm, dry blanket at the mission.

And what a mission it is!!!

They heated me up in the shower, washed and dried my clothes, fed me a hot meal and spread warmed quilts on my bed.

Yesterday, I took off again. In the sunshine.

One of the staff people drove me way out past all of the "splits." He said a prayer, hugged me, kissed me on the head and tried to hide the concern on his face.

I knew that I would be alright. I was standing in the sun.

No comments: