Saturday, March 06, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

A young couple, in a rig with a hole where the back windshield used to be, finally stopped and picked me up. They drove me across the rest of the open high desert area to the city of Bend, Oregon.

They dropped me off at the local Salvation Army Corps office.

From there I went to a Community Center where I got a hot shower and washed my clothes.

When I went to the local soup kitchen later that day, I was adopted by a couple who ate there, too.

They took me home and that's where I've been for the past couple of days.

I have showered, eaten, slept and played with their pit bull mom and her pups.

I am walking out of Bend today.

The couple, who are unemployed right now, offered what they have and I will always be grateful.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: