Friday, March 05, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I stood on that highway for almost three hours before I got my next ride.

Finally, an old man with a loud, nasal voice that reminded me of a trumpet...stopped and picked me up.

He drove me all the way to the small town city of Burns, Oregon.

I got out, ignored the road signs and started walking down the wrong road.

Twenty-minutes later a young man stopped and explained that I was heading the wrong way.

I mentally kicked myself and chalked it up to road lag.

He drove me back to Highway 20 and I waited for a much longer time before I finally got a ride again.

I was getting cold and snow was blowing in my face when I watched the next car pull over and stop.

A few miles down the road, I realized that I was in a vehicle with "The Creepy Guy."

No comments: