Saturday, March 06, 2010

Something To Think About While I'm Out

As you can tell if you have been reading this on a regular basis, I am having quite an adventure trying to find a permanent home.

Yeah, I said a PERMANENT HOME.

For years, I have been content to just wander off to anywhere.

I don't want to do that anymore.

But settling down is difficult. BUT NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO. OH NO!

Other people are making it tough. Yes, that's the truth, Campers.

Do YOU have some affordable housing to offer to me?

No, I don't want your dog's house. Or a crack hut. Or a roach-infested apartment with gang graffiti on the side of the building. I'll pass on a moldy trailer in a community of drunks. And I don't want to be sandwiched between a headcase parolee and a sex-offender, either!

I can pay rent. But I won't pay good money for garbage. I'm not well-heeled, by any means, but I can manage a reasonable amount for a safe and decent residence.

So who's going to step up and provide it? Hm mm?

I'm bringing this up now because I am tired of the excuses that so many who should do more are giving to me.

If I am given a key, I will never have a drop of booze or anything illegal on either side of the door.

I know how to keep the lights on, the water running and the bathroom clean.

Shoot, Campers, I've kept myself on the path for over a decade and I'm still here.

My existence is proof enough of my ability to survive. And I attribute my well-being as much to my own attitude as to my guardian angel.

And in consideration of angels...I wonder why the convention of saints stay farther away from me than anyone else?

I can count on one hand the amount of times that I've been allowed to sleep in an otherwise empty church building.

Yet, I know that God has stayed with me no matter where I've slept...every night of my life.

The update continues with my next post...

No comments: