Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I left the library in Baker City, Oregon and trudged to the local Corps office of the Salvation Army. They gave me a big bag of food and called a woman who came and picked me up.

I am sitting here in her house, in a very comfy bed, using her Wi-Fi, chewing gum and sipping Diet Dew.

lala music is playing in my ears and I have been told that I should just sleep in tomorrow morning.

Sleep in? Me?

The couple who live here share the space with a young girl, grandma who cares for grandpa who has Parkinson's disease and two Lhasa apsos.

It's a beautiful place where my clothes have already been washed, I'm showered and I have plenty to eat.

What will happen tomorrow is still up in the air. For now, I am happy to be safe and warm.

God bless everyone who said a prayer for me.

No comments: