Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Google Grovels


Google logo edits by Ruth Rader



Official Googles


The Google logo blushed a bit yesterday. But not because it has something to be proud of. But because it's now caught in an embarrassing situation.

To put it simply: Google Goofed Up.

We all do from time to time.

And I know that the Big G has been trying hard to get past its mistake ever since.

So yesterday, they sent me(and everyone else who uses Gmail)a detailed email. And when I started to read it, I pictured them all standing in front of us. With their hands in their pockets. Not wanting to look us in the eye. Humiliated.

"Google rarely contacts Gmail users via email, but we are making an exception to let you know that we've reached a settlement in a lawsuit regarding Google Buzz , a service we launched within Gmail in February of this year."

It's not easy to admit that they made such a dumb mistake. But then, why should anyone be surprised?

Google has never really moved out of Beta mode. And it most likely never will. It's a set of products that are constantly evolving along with many other parts of the Internet.

So what do people want for nothing?

I don't pay to use Google. In all of the years that I've been online, Google has never once charged me directly for their services.

But I depend on them...like a gazillion other people do around the world.

So maybe it's best that we, the consumers, don't kick them around too much. Karma has a way of turning around and biting people in the "Butt Of Good Intentions."

Doesn't it, Google?

Google Sends 700,000 Voters To Wrong Polling Places

I rest my case.

No comments: