Monday, November 08, 2010

Ruthie On The Road, Update

One should never spend all night in the Indianapolis, Indiana bus station and then board a bus the next morning.

I did and I won't do it again.

Suffice it to say that I am no longer on that bus. Or any bus. And I don't want to be.

I want a ride, sure. But not by that mode of travel!

I was tired already after getting very little sleep at the weird, so-called "shelter" house in Noblesville, Indiana.

When the folks who dropped me off there met me at the library the next day, I wonder why they didn't see my sleepy eyes.

They took me to a beef-and-booze restaurant where we ate lunch. Then they drove me to Indianapolis.

What I'd wanted to do was to go somewhere, sleep, shower and return to the bus station the next morning. And THEN board the bus.

But that obviously didn't happen.

I watched the series "Kill Bill" on the single, flat-screen TV in the bus station. And as I followed the moves of David Carradine, I wondered why he ended up dead during the filming of those movies.

When I finally dozed off and a crazy guy woke me up again, I gave up. I just stayed awake after that until the bus finally pulled in.

They let a crazier lady on the bus and she started raving. When we got to Iowa, she was arrested.

I bailed and found a motel room to stay in overnight.

And when I woke up this morning, I smiled when I said, "Hey, Ruthie, you're no longer in Indiana."

No comments: