Sunday, November 21, 2010

Under The Full Blue Moon


Me (second from right) and my new Montana friends


The Blue Moon is up and shining above the snow-covered Rocky Mountains tonight. I can see it as I enjoy the delicious aroma of Tammy's homemade soup.

We're going to eat it soon...the soup I mean, not the moon! LOL!

But I am here to tell you that good things do happen and God's blessings abound. Even once in a Blue Moon.

Yup.

I left the rest area in Bozeman, Montana early this morning. It was extremely cold and I was bundled-up like a woman in Siberia.

I trudged down the on ramp and started thumbing for a ride.

A pickup truck whooshed past me, hesitated, braked, went further and then stopped.

The truck was a long way up the road.

Suddenly the backup lights came on and the truck ran all the way back to me in reverse.

I smiled as I noticed that the driver had just bagged a nice-looking elk. It was laying, all hooves and antlers, in the bed of the truck. Two large dogs peeked out the back window at me as I walked up to the truck's passenger door.

I opened the door and the driver, a guy with very good vibes, welcomed me into the warm cab of his truck.

He asked me what I was doing out in the cold and I told him that I was stranded at the rest area during the storm.

He drove me to a nearby city (smaller than Bozeman but I really like it) and decided to drop me off at a church building.

I was hesitant but he insisted. He wanted to help me. So we went to the church and met a guy who was shoveling snow off the sidewalks in front of the building.

Next thing I knew, I was inside the building listening to a wonderful sermon. The sermon revolved around Krispy Kreme donuts.

Krispy Kreme donuts are not available in this part of Montana. They are only accessible in Boise, Idaho. That's where the boxes of donuts came from.

I bit into one after the service and savored the sweet flavor that came from a city so close to Oregon.

It was quite a sermon.

Afterward, my new friends took me to lunch at a pizza place (Yum!) and then the gang brought me to this home where I will be staying tonight.

It felt so good to take a hot shower and wash all of my clothes. I will eat and sleep well tonight.

Tomorrow I will probably board a bus. It's necessary due to the recent drastic change in weather.

I am already thinking of Thanksgiving.

And I know that God will continue to guide and bless me. I have miracles to be thankful for.

I hope you enjoy the photos. They were taken today.


Photo of Ruth Rader taken by Tammy

No comments: