Tuesday, December 07, 2010

GOO(gotcha!)GLE

Google reads me. Or monitors me. Or scrutinizes me. Or something.

Yeah, the Big G with the double "oh oh" checks me out every other day now.

I'm not exactly sure why.

Maybe it's because they think my writing is worthy of a Pulitzer prize (not to be confused with a Piss Poor award...nooo, of course not).

Maybe it's because they are trying to decide what to do with my blog after almost six years. (My blog will celebrate its sixth birthday on December 16).

Maybe they aren't sure what I'll do with the pot leaf that I have posted at the bottom of the page.

Maybe they're waiting for me to murdalize ( Murdalize: That's my word for murdering something by way of a process...kind of like sanitize but with far more serious repercussions) their sacred logo one more time.

Maybe they hope that the "Screw Google" graphic will disappear. (That will never happen).

Yeah, Google has been reading me quite a bit, lately.

I see Google spots all over my tracker.

Of course, I also see their pet dog, googlebot, too. And he (I'm guessing at the gender here) follows my words down many different paths. The googlebot is a very curious pup.

Yesterday, he sat on one of my blog posts and wagged his tail for fifteen minutes and twenty-three seconds.

Domain Name googlebot.com
State : California
City : Mountain View
Language English
Time of Visit Dec 7 2010 10:19:52 pm
Last Page View Dec 7 2010 10:35:15 pm
Visit Length 15 minutes 23 seconds
Page Views 2
Visit Entry Page http://ruthiessky.bl...belsquitline-on.html
Visit Exit Page http://ruthiessky.bl...se-wont-go-cold.html

Did googlebot need that much time to ponder what I wrote?

I'm not sure.

But I am sure that Google reads me. And then I open up my tracker and I READ GOOGLE.

Domain Name google.com
State : California
City : Mountain View
Time of Visit Dec 7 2010 7:20:31 pm
Visit Entry Page http://ruthiessky.bl...t-dwight-gooden.html
Visit Exit Page http://ruthiessky.bl...t-dwight-gooden.html
Time Zone UTC-8:00
Visitor's Time Dec 7 2010 6:20:31 pm

Apparently Google thinks my thoughts on Dwight Gooden are worthy of a glance.

Shrug.

Google: Cyber-Surveillance in a primary colored package.

P.S. I've heard of a third eye...but a tin eye??

No comments: