Thursday, December 02, 2010

Graphic Warning Labels/Quitline On Cigarette Packs




RE: Docket Number: FDA-2010-N-0568

Here is a copy of an email that I sent today:

I am aware that you have a very important decision to make. And your decision is very much like the one that I made over five years ago when I quit smoking.

I smoked, I'm sorry to say, for sixteen years before I finally crushed out a cigarette for the last time.

Smoking should be illegal. You and I both know that. And we both know why.

But at this point, the best thing that the FDA can do, is put a VERY STRONG AND RELEVANT WARNING on every single pack of cigarettes for sale in the United States. And INCLUDE the number 1-800-QUIT-NOW on the package, as well.

It's time to stop hiding from the truth of nicotine addiction and the real perils of second-hand smoke.

I am asking that you do something good for our Country today and see to it that the proposed ads be placed on cigarette packs along with the National quitline number 1-800-QUIT-NOW.

People who want to quit smoking like I did need to know where to start. The National quitline number will be a tremendous help.

Thank you for doing the right thing.

No comments: