Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Being Ruthie In Bozeman



I was interviewed by someone today. She threw question after comment at me. While a guy choreographed around the room, twisting his camera and capturing images of my face.

We were supposed to discuss the possibility of creating a warming center for those that might need it here in Bozeman, Montana.

But the conversation soon turned into an Inquisition. And it was all about me.

Two hours later, she asked me the final question: "What do you want for Christmas?"

I told her that I want eight-year-young Kyron Richard Horman to come home. He's been missing from Portland, Oregon since June 4th of this year.

The woman seemed somewhat mystified by my response.

So, I waved my hand around the room and said: "Look at what I have here. I have everything that I need."

I want Kyron returned to his family in Oregon. I also want the Skelton brothers and Lindsey Baum to be reunited, safe and sound, with THEIR loved ones.

The camera guy left early. When the woman finally went out the door, I don't think that she understood me any more than when she came in.

But I understand HER, probably more than she realizes right now.

After she drove her car away, I turned on my Internet Country music station. Miranda Lambert's song, "Famous In A Small Town" began to play.

As I listened to it and watched the corresponding video, I laughed and laughed.

Click on the video up above and listen to that song.

Perhaps then you will understand why I find it amusing.

Miranda Lambert nailed down my reaction to today's two hour interview...in less than five minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you on your adventures in life, Ruthie. You have been a strong advocate for Kyron. I believe many people care about this little guy because he and his family remind us that, even in an imperfect world, we can still love and care. Joining you in continued prayers, and for being thankful for our many blessings. It is always a joy to read your blog and see that you really appreciate the small comforts in life, that many take for granted.

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Thank you for your comments, Anonymous.
And to think that a person who should know better, referred to my concern for Kyron as an "obsession", in print, this morning.
Thank you for pulling me away from that rabid travesty.
The heart still beats...yours, mine and the one that belongs to God.