Wednesday, December 29, 2010

No More Puffin', Mr. President



President Quits Puffin'

I smoked cigarettes for years. Then I quit. Now I haven't smoked cigarettes in years.

According to the White House press secretary Robert Gibbs, President Obama hasn't lit-up a cigarette in months. Good.

Will Barack Obama remain smoke free?

Yes, he will.

How do I know?

I've been there.

Well, I haven't been inside of the White House (I've stood in front of the gates more than once, however). What I mean is, I've faced the "Let-Go-Of-Tobacco" moment of truth.

So did Barack Obama.

Every smoker who goes through the process of quitting, reaches that point.

Once again, it is the time of year when bad habits are dropped and good behavior is picked-up.

And our hard-nosed Commander-In-Chief has decided to lead...by example.

I belong to NORML, which is an amusing acronym for the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.

I think that Marijuana in different forms and under certain circumstances, should be legal.

Marijuana doesn't have to be smoked to be ingested.

Cigarettes are not much fun to chew.

And I don't think that tobacco cigarettes should be legal in the United States, anyway.

I don't know if our "Walks-His-Own-Road" President spends any time with the "Herbish." But I wouldn't blame him, if he did.

After all, Vice President Joe Biden has to work once in awhile. Smirk.

I am happy that President Barack Obama quit smoking.

Cigarettes are gross. They just are.

Somebody needs to design a t-shirt that declares: "Cigarettes Almost Took My Breath Away."

When someone does, I'll buy that shirt right on the spot.

No comments: