Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Ruthie Rader:The Bozeman Statement

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THURSDAY TO 11 AM MST FRIDAY...

* TIMING AND MAIN IMPACT: SNOW WILL SPREAD INTO THE REGION FROM WEST TO EAST THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING. A BRIEF PERIOD OF RAIN OR LIGHT FREEZING RAIN IS POSSIBLE AT THE ONSET OF PRECIPITATION LATE THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 2 TO 5 INCHES...6 TO 10 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS.

* OTHER IMPACTS: ICY AND SNOW PACKED ROADWAYS CAN BE EXPECTED ALONG WITH REDUCED VISIBILITY IN LOCALLY MODERATE SNOW AT TIMES. IN ADDITION...A PERIOD OF LIQUID PRECIPITATION AT THE ONSET MAY ALLOW FOR A LAYER OF ICE TO DEVELOP ON SOME ROADWAYS UNDER THE ADDITIONAL SNOW.

* LOCATIONS AFFECTED INCLUDE: ...BOZEMAN...BOZEMAN PASS...

*******


I don't care.

I'm in Bozeman, Montana and I'm off the road for the winter.

Right now, I'm listening to Christmas music in my ears while I make use of this excellent wi-fi signal.

There is a mini-Christmas tree on my desk that is decorated with red velvet and gold poinsettias. The mirror on the wall reflects multicolored twinkling lights.

I have a nice, big TV, a tub for soothing bubble baths, a microwave/frig combo so I don't have to go out in the storm for dinner and a comfy bed that will cradle all of my dreams.

Winter just got lovely.

My friends and a local church helped with the initial cost of this igloo. I paid the other part. Next month I will pay the entire rent.

The people who own this place gave me a discount but gave me the same quality room that every other guest enjoys.

So now I am going to focus a great deal of attention on my writing (I have a project) and on the search for missing Kyron Horman.

I have wi-fi and a phone. Now I have the time to dig even deeper than I have already.

And you (You know who "you" are) didn't think that fate would turn things around this way?

Thou fool.

Snow will fall from the sky.

But you won't snow anyone...forever.

1 comment:

Linda Novak said...

Thank you Ruthie for your comments and your tireless work on behalf of Kyron. I have grown to love this sweet boy so much like every one else . There isn't a day that goes by that I haven't followed all the updates on Kyron. My heart breaks a little more each day that he's not found. Just when I think I cant cry anymore for him, I find a full reserve of tears to spill. I know that miracles happen. I have witnessed some. Kyron deserves a miracle too. I hope he receives one. Your words are wonderful. I appreciate someone who writes from the heart. Everytime I read your Christmas for Kyron, my tears start again. Thank you for keeping him on everyone's thoughts, hearts and mind. Kyron and all the other children should never be forgotten. Bless you and thank you for all you do!
Loves Always,
Linda