Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Take Me, Instead..."


Desiree Young wraps gifts at Walgreens
to benefit the search for her son,
Kyron Horman

"Please God, hear our prayers for Kyron today and each day. Please help us bring him home. I get down on my knees to you. Please take me instead and return him."--Desiree Young on Facebook December 19, 2010.

Those were the words that I was waiting for.

Desiree Young, Kyron Horman's mother, finally shared the words that have probably been stuck in her heart since the day that her son went missing.

And because those words are public and profound, I've decided to post them here.

The first time that I read her words, I cried.

I was not alone.

The reaction to her words on Facebook was instantaneous.

Through the sincere search for "Oregon's Son", Desiree has never been alone. She has walked boldly through this entire ordeal with her faith in God burning like a steady flame in her soul.

And despite the dark one's efforts, Desiree has gotten stronger. I know. I've watched her.

She has developed an incredible kind of courage. And I'm sure that Kyron, if he knew, would be proud of his mother.

Desiree, through all of the ugliness, deceit and family disintegration, has never wavered. And now she epitomizes a mother's perfect love for her child.

She is willing to trade her life for Kyron's. Greater love hath no one...
____________________

You...who have taken Kyron...you have won nothing. You remain the loser in this scenario.

People haven't forgotten, haven't given up and Desiree hasn't been silenced. She never will be. Trust me on that.

I see the momentum, to find Kyron, growing every day.

I wrote on Facebook, "Many of us will respectfully stand next to (Desiree) in a true act of solidarity and close ranks against the dark ones. Kyron is not alone."

And THAT is THE TRUTH.

The evil inside of you might send pigs over a cliff, but you will never stop Desiree's love for her son. You will never stop us ALL from searching for Kyron. We are coming for Kyron and we WILL find him.

Unless you face your own failure for what it is...and bring Kyron back today.

2 comments:

linda novak said...

Once again, you make my cry Ruthie. For that, I thank you. I read the interview you gave to the reporter. they didn't even mention the Skelton boys or anyone else. But, they did mention our sweet Kyron! There's not a day that doesn't go by that I search for info on Kyron being found. I have heard so many people say I'm hopeless this or hopeless that! The truth is yes I am! I am a hopeless romantic & I believe in miracles. I have come to greatly love a beautiful little boy that brought a world together with a smile! World leaders & presidents have never been able to accomplish what this little boy has. He had brought so many people together in love & hope & support! Evil of the world beware! I would give anything & everything of myself and what I have to bring Kyron & all the missing children home safe! If whomever took our sweet Kyron visits this site, you need to know that we're all coming for you & the others like you. You will be punished. It may take a while, it may take a lifetime. It may not happen on this earth, but you will pay!

Ruthie In The Sky said...

WORD.
Thank you for your comments, Linda.
And again, as Don Henley sang, "What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear."