Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Not Good, Not Bad...Just Charlie



USA Today: Charlie In Boston: YAWN

Meanwhile, in other news...

I started it. Yes, I did.

On March 15 of this year, I compared Charlie Sheen to P.T. Barnum. I posted that "Charlie Sheen is a P.T. Barnum in circus full of trash talk." Then I continued the Barnum reference in many comments that I left at various media websites.

Well, guess what?

The comparison is beginning to stick.

I've noticed the P.T. Barnum reference popping-up in forums and in media stories about Charlie, including This One by Business Wire .

And, I will add, that the Business Wire article is not nice with the numbers when it comes to Charlie's popularity ratings.

But then, what should anyone expect at this point?

It isn't Charlie Sheen's show, anymore. He's not bringing anything new to his venue. Charlie is no longer outrageous or controversial...he's just predictable.

Charlie isn't the new kid in town, anymore. He's just another hanger on the celebrity rack. He's fading. And that's not good and it isn't bad, either.

It's. Just. Blah.

In fact, if it wasn't for his surprise guests, Charlie would probably end up putting his audience to sleep.

I think that people expected something amazing to come from all of this...and it hasn't.

But, underneath all of the bullshit, Charlie is really just a human being. He will never, actually turn into a tiger or a wizard or something that the world has never seen before. That is just not going to happen.

No, he'll just be another guy on the roster until the day that he checks-out. A reflection of the most basic truth...that no torpedo on Earth will ever blow away.

Charlie Rooting For Red Sox, Wearing Yankees Hat?

No comments: