Monday, May 16, 2011

Ruthie On The Road, Update--Part Fifteen

My left hip was very sore and I was getting worried about it. So I spent the next two days, either in bed or soaking in a tub filled with hot water.

I ate, slept and got ready for the next part of the journey.

And this update brings me to yesterday...and to where I am now.

I left the hotel and spent more time waiting for, than receiving, rides. Finally, two Hispanic people, a mother and an older man, gave me two separate rides to this small-town city in Southeastern Pennsylvania.

It was deja-vu for me. I have been here before.

In fact, I have a friend here who helps run a shelter. I have been invited to stay in this community and in that shelter for the Summer.

I might just take my friend up on his offer.

;)

No comments: