Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Ruthie On The Road, Update

Stuff happens when you're on the road.

For example, I ordered some pasta from the local pizza palace last night, along with two bottles of Diet Dew.

I handed over a good tip when the kid showed up at the door.

Ten minutes after the guy was gone, I opened up everything and discovered that the person had brought me the wrong soda. And when I looked into the second bag, I discovered that he also forgot to give me a fork.

So I called back to the pizza store, and told them what happened.

A young woman with a "I am just so bored" tone in her voice replied, "Well...I'll have to send him back...uhhh, for a fork?"

"Well, just tell him to stick it in until it's done." I replied.

Silence.

Eventually, Punky Brewster's brother showed up and I got to eat the pasta with something other than my hands.

A crew of truckers are sitting around, shooting the bull, in the motel lobby right now. I'm sitting here at a table, tapping away on my laptop.

My bus should be here in less than an hour-and-a-half. And then I will take off again, rolling right through Wisconsin.

Have a great day, everybody!

No comments: