Thursday, June 02, 2011

A Mess In Mass/Ruthie On The Road, Update



THE REPUBLICAN: UPDATE FROM SPRINGFIELD MEDIA

NY TIMES: HOW TO TELL IF IT'S A TORNADO

It just makes you wonder where it's going to strike next, doesn't it?

A tornado of that voracity...chewing up everything in it's path across Springfield, Massachusetts?

Practically unheard of! An Autumn nor'easter, maybe...but a killer tornado?

The heat and humidity were at the "Quick, turn on the AC!" stage here in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, yesterday. And the mix followed my friend Rob and I as we took care of business. At one point, we spotted a big, yellow butterfly and I swear that its wings were wilting!

I thought that the climate would eventually erupt into a violent storm but it left us and slammed into Springfield, instead.

I am going back on the road again, despite the fact that my friend Craig doesn't want me to. He worries about me. And when he handed me his card with his cell phone number on it, he made sure that I understood that I am to call him if I run into any major trouble.

"I'll probably have to come get you from someplace like South Dakota!" he said, with a half-smile on his face.

Hopefully, I will run into a positive experience instead of a full-blown EF3, 4 or 5 tornado.

No comments: