Saturday, July 09, 2011

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I know that everyone has been waiting for me to post a road update. Here it is:

Too many people joining the crew at the building in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania made me decide to leave. My friend Craig drove me to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania where I spent the Fourth of July weekend happily sequestered in a large room at the Red Roof Inn.

After the weekend was over, I boarded a bus to Pittsburgh and then another, smaller bus to Morgantown, West Virginia.

I am in that city today.

However, I have discovered a bad problem: I am beginning to develop asthma. The air quality here is not good anyway and with the present weather patterns, it has been getting steadily worse.

So, to circumvent any major problems, I will be staying indoors, 24-7, for the next five days. Then I will go to see a doctor and find out what, exactly, is going on with me and what my treatment options are.

It is very possible that I will not be leaving this city until either August or September. I'll just have to see how things go.

Right now, I am taking one day at a time. I have food to eat, a safe place to sleep, clean clothes and wi-fi. I'm doing alright...considering everything.

I haven't decided whether I will head east (don't bet against it, yet) or return to the great, wide open west.

But no matter where I go from here, I know that I will go with a smile on my face.

No comments: