Thursday, September 08, 2011

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I am now in a small-town city in rural Northeastern Colorado. I just arrived in this State, today.

The laptop that I purchased is defective and I have decided to use public terminals until next month. THEN I will switch back to my own, private computer.

I left the Rescue Missions far behind me and ended up getting picked up by an elderly guy (he's 75) after spending seven hours on a bridge.

I tried to get a ride from that point before he showed up but I was unsuccessful.

He drove me back to his home in the little town of Schuyler, Nebraska. I stayed there over the entire Labor Day weekend. The old guy has a line of trophies...some for hot rod and golf competitions and others for tractor pulls. He also has faded, black-and-white photographs in heavy metal frames, hanging across the living room walls.

He has a TV with a 55-inch screen and a Siamese cat named Samantha.

He also has a scanner which broadcasts every police, fire and ambulance call in the County, 24 hours a day.

He has an affinity for marijuana, too.

I slept on the couch, ate, watched TV and otherwise did as little as possible during the time that I was there. Goodie for me.

On Tuesday, he drove me to Central City where I languished in a room at the local Super 8 motel, overnight.

Yesterday, I left there and went back out on the road, again. I got picked-up by a nice lady who drove me to Gothenburg, Nebraska. She owns a farm near there.

I stayed in a little mom-and-pop motel last night and then she drove me to Colorado, today.

I am keeping an eye out for renegade planes and other oddball activity as we approach the 10Th anniversary of 9/11.

And, oh yeah, BTW...my birthday is this Saturday. That is when I will turn an official fifty-six years of age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it is wonderful