Monday, September 12, 2011

Ruthie On The Road, Update

Deb drove us into the parking lot of the aforementioned "Bates" motel and I looked around.

I saw a ramshackle group of rooms that looked like they were held together with duct tape. In fact, the whole building looked like it was held together with duct tape.

One of the vehicles, parked nearby, sported a bumper sticker that declared: "My next door neighbor is my other tractor."

Of course.

I stepped out of the car and walked to the motel office. Deb sat in the car, still staring at the place.

A very nice older man was concerned that I would find the "single" room too small. I said that I would be happy with anything.

The man's wife took me over to look at the room. That was her idea.

Before the woman put the key in, I noticed the big, bright red number on the door: 13.

I laughed to myself.

It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but whomever had occupied that room previously had smoked like a chimney in there!

The lady and I traded horror stories about bad rooms and bad guests. She went out and returned with a roll of toilet paper, a fly-swatter and a spray bottle of room deodorizer.

We laughed about the situation after I said goodbye to Deb.

The lady manager and I parted on very good terms.

Kudos to me: I never saw one bedbug.

No comments: