Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update--Part Three

I stood in the cold, afternoon wind for two hours. And then I sat down.

After that, it didn't take very long to get a ride. (Is there something to that sitting down thing?)

A man in a large, jacked-up pickup truck stopped and took me away from that spot on Highways 50 and 400.

And he brought me to his home, where he lives with his wife, several cats and an old dog.


-PHOTOS BY RUTH RADER-

I stayed at the house, overnight. While I was there, I took a bubble bath, washed my clothes, ate good, had a great visit with the man and his wife and drank two cans of Coors beer. Yeehaw.

I regret that the man's wife didn't allow me to take photographs of the inside of the house. I still feel that her decision was not the right one.

The couple brought me into the small city where I am, now. Because of the rules of the shelter, I will have to leave it and this community very soon.

People are only allowed a short stay at this city's shelter.

I am hoping to relocate to another community at the end of this month. But in the meantime, I will be returning to the road again, very soon.

No comments: