Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I got very sick the other night.

I got nauseous and my head started to ache. And I knew that I was in trouble.

Although I didn't want to bother her, I finally woke up my friend Juli. She drove me to the ER, where they told me that I was perilously close to having a stroke.

Then I was poked by or connected to every medical device that's available at that hospital.

The medical staff flurried around me like birds while a machine took my blood pressure every fifteen minutes.

In typical hospital fashion, they took some of my blood and gave me several medications. I got two pills, one IV and one big hypo in the butt.

My blood pressure remained sky-high. Then it slowly began to level-off.

I stayed in the hospital emergency room for the rest of that night.

Two nurses woke me up in the morning. Then another nurse brought me a breakfast tray.

I felt so much better.

Now I hope that the blood-pressure medication that was prescribed to me will work. I also hope that the medication won't cause any nasty side-effects.

Please think good thoughts for me, okay?

4 comments:

Ankine said...

Oh My God! Ruthie...I just went on your blog as saw what happened to you...I am sooo sorry sweetie and I hope and pray you are feeling better and in good spirits...I am happy that you did not wait and went straight to ER...Please, take the medications the dr's perscribed and take it easy...you neeed to rest and take care of You...I had just posted on your facebook page before I went on your blog...please try to get a hold of me when you are up to it...Love you friend!

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Hi, Ankine.

I am taking my new medicine now and I am hoping that I don't get an attack like that, again.

I'm not exagerrating: It was serious.


And I understand that I have to make some lifestyle changes. However, I can't (financially) afford to do it, yet. Next month I will prolly be able to.

This month will be rough. No two ways about it. But I will make sure that I take my medicine, no matter where I am.

I wish that I could just snap my fingers and get a good place to stay this month...but, of course, it just won't work like that.

Linda said...

Thank God you were in a safe place when this happened. A wake-up call, it sounds like. Good luck in your recovery and whatever comes next.

Ruthie In The Sky said...

I agree, Linda. But I have no recourse at this point. Read my new update after I post it, today.