Friday, February 03, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Updated






*SNOW RADIO*

KLKN-TV WEATHER (LINCOLN, NEBRASKA)

______________

Lovely.

And when the storm hits full force, I will be walking down the road with my thumb out. I have no choice.

I've got to hitchhike out and take care of some business on Saturday. That's just the way that life goes, sometimes.

Right now, I have a nice room to rest in. Hopefully, I will end up in another one before the end of tomorrow. I am looking forward to watching the New England Patriots win the Super Bowl on Sunday.

If I make it through this month, I will be in a better position to settle down for the rest of the Winter. And if I am really blessed, I will eventually gather the fragrant blossoms of Spring in my hands, again.

I understand death, now. I almost met it, recently. I almost died.

I'm thinking that I am going to die before I reach sixty-years-old. That is probably going to be my fate.

I love life. But I realize that I've been fortunate to have enjoyed such an amazing ride.

Now I just want to tone down the noise and enjoy the music.

Maybe that's what we should all do: Dance to the low spark of another day.

Just dance.

And twirl slowly around...a few more times...before we say goodbye.

No comments: