Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I was cold...shivering, teeth-chattering, fingertip-stinging, my-butt-is-freezing COLD!

It is like that, during the Winter months, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

I woke up in a small town in Northern Iowa, yesterday. A woman who works at a convenience store in that town, drove me to Sioux Falls and dropped me off on the I-90 ramp. Five minutes after she left, I started feeling it. And as the minutes passed by, I just got COLDER.

The wind was part of the problem. According to the National Weather Service, the wind chill was frozen at -20F when I stood by that Interstate highway, yesterday. The N.W.S. is forecasting the same temperature scenario for today...here in Mitchell, South Dakota.

I might be on a bus, today. If it works out, I will be very happy. The bus will take me part of the way across South Dakota. That is the farthest that I will travel today. This latest cold snap will prevent me from going any further.

Wish me luck.

No comments: