Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update



Me, sitting in this hotel, tonight...bathed and jammied... and ready to jump into that big bed behind me!
______________

I am now in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Amazing!

I got up off the "window seat" where I dozed last night and looked outside. It looked so cold.

Then I bundled-up and headed out the door of that rest area in Bozeman, Montana.

It was 7 above zero when I finally reached the on ramp to Interstate 90 heading West. A young guy picked me up and brought me to a cop in Belgrade. The piss ant policeman ran his mouth and never did a positive thing for me.

But before I walked away from him, I left him with a haunting message: "The next time that you see someone in need...the next time that somebody asks you for help...I bet you're going to see my face. Then you're going to ask yourself if I am okay and if you could have done something for me."

The guy who eventually picked me up and brought me here, swears that I put a curse on the cop. Maybe I did. Although, if you ask ME, I think that jerk of an officer put the curse on HIMSELF.

I was really blessed, today. The first ride took me to Manhattan, Montana. The second ride, a young couple on a road trip, took me from Manhattan to Missoula, Montana. I ended up giving them the sleeping bag and I headed up the ramp to ride number three.

The third driver, a guy who was coming back from a work assignment in North Dakota, drove me here to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. He bought me this room, dinner and gave me enough quarters to do my laundry.

We had a great conversation and parted on very good terms. That benevolent guy and I are both Virgos but we are still different in some ways. But as I sank into a steaming, bubble bath this evening, I thought about him and smiled. I still am.

Tomorrow I will get back on the road, again. Refreshed and ready. And I will be thankful that a guy in a painter's van decided to partner with God and blessed my gypsy soul.

No comments: