Monday, April 16, 2012

Ruthie In The Sky, Update

I left Corvallis, Oregon on a bus after spending a rough night in a shelter facility: The wafer-thin mat that I was given...with a sheet, blankets and a pillow did not a decent bed make. And after I was directed to a room where a mentally ill woman talked to herself all night, I didn't get any sleep, either. I couldn't wait to get out of that shelter the next day!

I took a bus to Reedsport which is located off of Highway 101 and close to Oregon's West Coast. A kind and wonderful woman named Rose picked me up and took me back to her house. She lives with
her son David, an old fur ball dog and several cats. One of the cats is Siamese and just adorable!

I did my laundry there and took a nice bubble bath. Then Rose fixed me dinner and then put me to bed on her couch.

The next day, Rose gave me breakfast, a sleeping bag and a ride back to the highway.

The next interesting person that picked me up is Penny. She is from Idaho. She is on vacation right now and let me stay in her motel room on Saturday night (see the video).

Yesterday we rode through the rain to THE HUGHES HOUSE and we toured the whole PLACE.  Then we got back into the rig and followed the winding, rainy road South to Brookings, Oregon.

I will leave Brookings in the morning.



No comments: