Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Kyron Horman: The Ten-Million Dollar Boy


I've read all sorts of reactions, to the Kyron Horman missing child case, on the Internet. A great deal of those reactions are useful, supportive and otherwise positive. But some are not.

There are people who post words like "Oh, look at Desiree's (Young) fake crying" or "Just give Kaine (Horman) a booth and he'll be happy" and "This whole fiasco has cost too many of our tax dollars."

And every time that I read words like those listed above, I want to post a reaction of my own: "Shut-up or put yourself inside Kyron's skin."

How far have we come, as a society, when some of us still cannot see the real value of one young boy?

I've read comments (that I refuse to publish) that tell me that I am only focusing on Kyron's case because it is high-profile. (I have been following this case from the VERY BEGINNING , long before it became the media sensation that it is, now). That I only care about this case because Kyron is White. (MISSING HAS NO COLOR.)

And I rise above those phrases of ignorance, step over them like they were mud and just keep on going.

 I visited the business website that belongs to ATTORNEY STEPHEN HOUZE, recently. The site opens to an image of a large building...as if Mr. Houze is only "mighty" if he's inside  of it.

The subliminal message conveyed, declares, "RESPECT ME! I AM AS STRONG AS THIS STONE AND GLASS AND STEEL! I WORK IN THIS BUILDING BECAUSE I HAVE POWER, INFLUENCE AND MONEY!"

My response to his chest-pounding website is: An earthquake of the right magnitude could level that building in a heartbeat.

I see Terri Moulton (Horman's) legal guy for what he really is: A man who depends on images to shore-up his otherwise mortal persona.

I know who has the REAL power in this situation, right now...Kyron does. Kyron has become more powerful as time has passed. HE is the one who is now giving Desiree, Kaine and Tony the strength to do what is right. HE is the reason for the TV cameras,  Internet videos, news stories, legal documents and the court judgements.

Kyron is the personification of what must be held in place for the next generation. He is every child, lost and found and a reminder of why humanity still exists in this world.

*He is a part of our collective conscience that we must remain connected to.*

And I'm more than ten-million dollars sure about that.

1 comment:

Juli Henry said...

Thinking about the building in Stephen Houze's advertisement for himself...an ad like that almost screams "short man syndrome", or "little dick syndrome"! (can I accuse Houze of possibly having a little you-know-what on your blog?)

Why doesn't Houze just sit down with his client and work out a way for her to tell authorities everything she knows or can possibly remember from June 4, 2010? That would be a much better advertisement for him than a steel building, and a much better testimony of his strength as a lawyer and as a man.