Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update--Part Three




I finally got a ride out of Kooskia, Idaho with a woman who drove me up to a rest area on the Idaho/Montana border. When we got there, I walked into the women's rest room. I had all of my gear with me...or so I thought.

The woman took an unusual amount of time writing out her contact information (which, in the end, only consisted of her email address) outside by her car. She then brought a piece of paper with her email address on it, in to me.

We said our goodbyes and then she left.

Five minutes later, I couldn't find my nice, Coby earbuds.

I believe that she took them with her...on purpose.

When I contacted her, she responded with a bogus lie that I didn't and don't believe.

Her name is Bette (I know her last name but I won't list it, here...even though she deserves it) and she lives in the Kooskia, Idaho area.

After she disappeared, an elderly couple picked me up and brought me to the outskirts of Missoula, Montana.

That is where I met a young lady named Nicki. She stopped to pick me up just before the heavens opened and showered me with a cold, hard rain. Her dog, a lively mutt, jumped around in the back seat.

I told her that I needed to find a place to stay for the night and so we went looking for a rest area. We never found it, that night.

Instead, we came upon an RV park. Nicki told me to go up to the man and ask him if he could help me. So I  asked him. When I told him that I had come over from Oregon, he grinned. It turns out that he is from Oregon, too.

Within minutes, the man brought me down to a very nice log cabin. Here are some photos of it:



The cabin includes fresh, clean towels and washcloths that can be brought over to the nearby shower room. The TV is older but the reception is excellent and features a full line-up of cable channels.


Two big windows work like a skylight and let the sun in during the day and frame the starlit sky at night.



The cabin also includes two queen-sized beds, extra blankets and the portable heater keeps the whole place toasty warm. The carpeted floor is a real plus.


Candy apple red ginger jar lamps add a cheerful touch. The pillowcases feature Montana moose.


I really enjoyed my night there! The park also includes a recreation room and very large bathrooms with four stalls and four showers in each room. Contact me for more information about this great place.

No comments: