CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update

-ME, SITTING IN THE AUDITORIUM OF A SCHOOL IN VAN WERT, OHIO-

It really bothers me that I am only going to be able to be on this computer (at the public library in Findlay, Ohio) for a short time while everyone else (who is from this area) is going to use the computers for a much longer time, today. I am being discriminated against simply because I am not from Ohio. And some of the computer terminals around me are not even being used, right now.

I have a nice collection of photographs to share with you. But because of the stupid rule at this library, I will be unable to share them with you, today. I am so disgusted with this town.

My Facebook friend, Tracy, is right: Ohio sucks.

My friend, Michelle, drove me through the heat, to the eastern edge of Decatur, Indiana on July 5. I waved
goodbye to her and her beautiful boys and then turned around and faced the oncoming traffic.

I got a ride, very quickly, from a man who was very sad. He is an older gentleman, with a nice car, who was remembering his wife, who died several years ago. As he told me about her, he started to cry. Her name is Sarah. And the man misses her very much.

"She was my best friend." he said.

He asked me to say a prayer for her. He told me that she smoked too much and that eventually the cigarettes that she was addicted to, gave her lung cancer, which killed her.

I told him that God loves His own and that Sarah is probably safe with Him, now. And then I told him that he is the one that really needs a prayer.

The man took me over to a school building in Van Wert, Ohio where the Red Cross was operating a "cool down" shelter. The shelter had been opened in the school due to the recent storms in that area. But since all of the power in the area was restored, yesterday...the shelter closed on July 6.



-MY COT BED IN THE AUDITORIUM IN VAN WERT, OHIO-

I stayed there on the last night that it was open. I got to shower and sleep on a comfy cot with blankets and a pillow. I also ate well.

Yesterday morning, after breakfast, a Red Cross volunteer drove me out of Van Wert to the highway and dropped me off.


-WILDFLOWERS BY THE ROAD, OUTSIDE OF VAN WERT, OHIO-



-ME, SITTING ON MY PACK, IN THE GRASS BY THE SIDE OF THE
HIGHWAY, NEAR VAN WERT, OHIO-

A young man eventually rolled his pickup truck up beside me and asked me if I wanted a ride. He brought me to his little town and after we had lunch, he hooked me up with a ride (via one of his friends) to where I am now, Findlay, Ohio. This town is totally and woefully redneck. Which means that the people here are arrogant, obnoxious, hypocritical, rude, hateful and otherwise useless.


-A BUILDING IN DOWNTOWN REDNECKVILLE, OHIO-

I am staying at the local homeless shelter until tomorrow morning when I am going to attempt, with all of my heart, to get out of here.

And I am declaring, on the record, right here and now, that I officially HATE Ohio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, don't hate Ohio. We aren't all bad. Come to Columbus! You will be loved.

Ruthie Rader said...

I just might do that, someday, Anonymous. You will likely have your chance to show me the better side of Ohio.