Friday, July 13, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update

-ME, WITH THE WONDERFUL LADY WHO CUT MY HAIR
FOR FREE, IN DOWNTOWN BRADFORD, PENNSYLVANIA-
-JULY 13, 2012-

I am now in very close proximity to the New York State border. And the series of events that brought me here...were both frustrating and fascinating.

I promised that I would continue the story from my last post. Here is what happened in the grocery store that day:

The man disappeared behind a door, with my backpack and I wondered, for a second, if I would really ever see it, again.

I finished my shopping and then I walked into the check-out lane. That's when the man brought my backpack back and plopped it by the plastic bag carousel.

He gave me an odd look and then turned and strode back to his personal "Grocery Gus" cubicle by the service desk.

I didn't think any more about it, grabbed my purchases and headed out the door.

Later, when I was preparing to take a shower in a Super 8 motel room, I opened my backpack and discovered that the man (I'm sure about this) had stolen from ME. Not the other way around, as he had tried to imply.

He pulled out the over sized Ziploc bag that was filled with all of my toiletries and then gave the pack back to me.

Suddenly, I didn't even have a toothbrush.

(This story will continue in the next post...hopefully, tomorrow.)

No comments: