Friday, July 20, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update

-ME, IN ALMOST TOTAL DARKNESS,
AT THE PARK IN SAYRE, PENNSYLVANIA-
"A masked gunman killed 12 people at a midnight premiere of the new Batman movie in a suburb of Denver early on Friday, sparking pandemonium when he hurled a gas canister into the auditorium and opened fire on moviegoers."--Chicago Tribune.

KDVR, FOX NEWS/DENVER: LIVE NEWS STREAM
FOX NEWS/DENVER: LIVE UPDATES, SUSPECT APT. RIGGED WITH EXPLOSIVES
NEW YORK TIMES: COPS CONCERNED IN NEW YORK
HUFFINGTON POST, LIVE BLOG
WASHINGTON POST, LIVE UPDATES
THE STORY, AS IT IS UNFOLDING
________________________________

And some people try to tell me that hitchhiking is dangerous.

The victims in the above-mentioned story, were just watching a movie at a public theatre.

Everything in life is a risk...especially these days...when so many messed-up individuals feel that they have the right to act-out their violent agenda.

I have been fortunate because nobody has opened fire on me. And I have to wonder why so many spineless cowards (all shooters are cowards) exist in our Country, today.

I have been told that I am brave. I really don't think so. I think that I just have a straight-forward take on reality, a decent set of values, a strong sense of how to bounce back from whatever difficulties that life throws at me and a solid connection to God.

And I believe that those personal attributes, are what every person needs, to make it through life without doing what that latest shooter did, today, in Colorado.

Now, I'm wondering where that screwball got the weapon, etc. that he used. Who the hell gave it to him?

The other night, I sat in the waiting room at the police station in Elmira, New York because the shelter in that city wouldn't let me stay with them. They have some stupid rule about residency and so the police had to keep me with them, all night. The following night I stayed up all night in the city park in Sayre, Pennsylvania.

I am back in New York but I don't plan to stay here any longer than I have to.

I'm not real hip on this State.

So I am going to drop back south into Pennsylvania and find a place to hang-out until August 1.

While I'm on the road, today...let's just hope that everyone with a gun...points it in another direction.

Thank you.

No comments: