CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update

The man drove me to the small city of Corry, Pennsylvania. It is located off of U.S. highway 6.

He dropped me off at an all-night gas station/convenience store by the city park.

I visited the store, first and after buying a cold bottle of water, I got permission to use the restroom whenever I needed it, overnight.

Then I walked over to the park and sat down on a bench. I noticed that my phone was losing power so I wandered over to a gazebo and discovered a live outlet.

-ME, SITTING ON THE FLOOR OF THE GAZEBO
WHILE I POWER-UP MY PHONE-
After I charged-up my phone, I walked back to the bench and sat down. I got sleepy very fast and eventually I closed my eyes and dozed off.

My much-needed nap only lasted for a couple of hours more, before a cop shook me and told me to wake up.

I was not happy about that. And I told him so.

The cop, and his partner, "Taller Cop"...asked me what I was doing.

"Why do cops always ask stupid questions?" I thought.

"I called your station house hours ago" I said, after glancing at the time on my phone, "and someone there took down my phone number and told me that you'd give me a call."

"Well, what are you doing here" asked "Taller Cop."

"I believe the activity that I was recently engaged in is called 'sleeping' " I replied.

"Why are you sleeping here?" asked the other officer.

"Because I am hitchhiking to Connecticut from Oregon and I got dropped off here and I have nowhere else to sleep." I explained.

The two cops looked at each other.

"Have you been drinking, ma'am?" asked "Taller Cop."


-ME, SITTING ON A BENCH, IN THE PARK,
IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
IN CORRY, PENNSYLVANIA-

(This story will continue in the next post...which...hopefully...will be posted tomorrow).

No comments: