Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update



I recorded this video yesterday...as the sun was getting close to setting...by a lonely section of highway 136...in rural Illinois.

About an hour after this footage was taken, a man on a motorcycle stopped...and changed everything:
He and his sweetheart of a wife...paid for my dinner, rented a motel room for me, gave me $100 in cash and bought me a bus ticket.

I only got three rides that entire day and I spent most of the day...stuck out on that guardrail. But it all worked out in the end.

So is it still worth it to hitchhike?

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruthie, Only you can answer if it's worth it. It seems to be precarious life-style. But traveling around the country and meeting all kinds of people has made you certainly interesting. I like your honesty and there are times I wish I could just chuck it all and do the same. I hope your knees and feet are much better now.