Monday, October 29, 2012

HURRICANE SANDY: PLEASE GOD, HAVE MERCY

MOBILE HURRICANE UPDATES

FEMA APP

FEMA MOBILE

WEATHER.COM LIVE TWITTER UPDATES

OCEAN CITY, NEW JERSEY WEBCAM

LIVE NY HARBOR WEBCAM!!

NEW YORK BULL WEBCAM

THE WEATHER CHANNEL

INTELLICAST INTERACTIVE WEATHER MAP

ABC NEWS: LIVE COVERAGE

REUTERS NEWS SERVICE: COVERAGE OF HURRICANE SANDY

It's raining here...on the West Coast, near the Pacific Ocean, in Astoria, Oregon. In fact, it's been raining...and cold and gray...ever since I returned to this community, a couple of days ago. But hopefully, it will clear-up, soon.

The headlines, all about Hurricane Sandy and its "Superstorm" potential, were displayed across the newspaper in its box, this morning.

I was in Upstate New York, tipping a water bottle while sitting on a guard rail, under the Eastern slant of the sun, two months ago. And when August faded into September, I decided to return to Oregon. Considering what is transpiring in that area, now, I thank God that I made the wisest choice.

But there are people...SO. MANY. PEOPLE. still back there. And they are set to endure a nightmare.

I want you to know, those of you who are reading this on the other side of the Country, that my thoughts are with you, today. And trust me: Many people, on this side of the Country, are following the progress of this storm system...as if Sandy is affecting them. It isn't...but a large part of the West Coast population is tracking this storm, just the same.

A blizzard in West Virginia, flooding in New York City...and that is only a small part of the impact that this incredible storm is expected to leave in its wake.

I met so many good people, on the Eastern side of the United States, over the past two years. And as I watch the weather events transpire...via the Internet...I sincerely pray that God has mercy on everyone who is caught in the storm's path.

No comments: