Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update

-ALL PHOTOS BY RUTH RADER-


Finding a decent place to stay, during the winter months, isn't always easy. But somewhere between
ecstasy and exploitation, I always find a niche. And this winter, my residence might be in a small city
in Central Oregon.

The rent is affordable and all of the utilities are included. The studio room includes an analog TV with expanded cable, a full bathroom and a kitchenette.

But there's a problem: The room is a wreck.

Seriously, it is.




From the cracked window, to the crumbling window frame...the room is in need of a major renovation.

And  the owner of the building has promised me that all of the necessary repairs will be done. Before November 1.

Meanwhile, I am staying in a spare room in "the house", with the manager. He has been a perfect gentleman and I love his dogs.

And he is the one, who is now responsible,  for finishing all of the renovations, in my (hopefully) soon-to-be-occupied studio room.

Will I end up in that room this winter?

Right now, I am not sure if I should bet every spider in that room, on it happening. But that's what the plan is.

There is a very long list of repairs that need to be done, first. A very long list.

And they only have two-and-a-half weeks to cross every job off that list.

So, we'll see...yes, we will.









No comments: