Friday, November 30, 2012

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I took a long bath, today. After I sank into the fragrant bubbles, I watched the steam rise and send tendrils of aromatherapy across the bathroom.

I shaved my legs. I brushed and flossed my teeth. And I used a clean, conventional toilet.

Then I washed my clothes, cleaned-out my purse and became my human self, again.

When I left that sorry excuse of a shelter, today, I left behind filthy women who smell worse than
dogs. And a porta-potty that has once again evolved into a stinking cesspool that won't last until the
next scheduled pump-out on Monday.

Two women, who came through the door last night, are severely mentally ill. They ranted and raved and took up space in a place that they definitely don't belong. Those two women need intense
intervention and supervision. They sure won't get it at that fool shelter!

I felt very relieved, this morning, after I bought a ticket at the Greyhound bus station. I will soon be in a new place and I look forward to the positive things that I hope will transpire there.

No comments: